Thursday, February 5, 2009

Day 156 | The back pockets (4th comparison)

Here we go with the 4th comparison series. Today I show the back pockets and how they've changed over the past 156 days. Tomorrow is the inner seams, then the front pockets, then bottom hems and ending off with the button holes.

I had a look at another blog called Evolution, where the guy, Mark, shows his comparisons from the first day, to 5 months, and the change is by far more than mine is, and I wear my jeans every day. Given I'm taking it easy, because they're not being washed, but still. If you compare mine from day 1 to today's photo, then you can see how much more shiny they are. There's a lot more creases, and lines. But when you look at them all together the change is more gradual.

The photographs are in order from the beginning of each month, one, two, three, four, all the way to now, month five. It's when I look at them like this that I'm still contemplating going on for a full year, and not stopping at 6 months.

1 comment:

  1. Darryl,

    Great contrast photos! The evolution of the thread color is quite funny--it goes from vibrant gold to sort of gray (yuk)--ha ha ha!! Good work so far...

    As a tip I'd suggest carrying your wallet or a tobacco tin (or something similar) in your back pocket. The bulge makes for a stronger pocket fade. But you've done good work nonetheless! Just keep wearing them...

    I'm looking forward to seeing the results of the first wash.

    ReplyDelete