Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Day 127 | Where to from here?

I've been thinking about this experiment or test of mine for a while now, and trying to figure out what to do with it, or more importantly where to go from here. I've always wanted to do something like this, but never planned it properly. It all started so fast from day one when I bought these jeans. I always had 6 months in mind, but recently I've been thinking if that's long enough.

Got some friends who say it should perhaps be longer than 6 months, perhaps a year, then there's others who say it's ok with 6 months. Then there's a third group who think it's gross to not wash your jeans. I'm ignoring group three and focussing on the first two. For now the plan is to wash these jeans for the first time on the 3rd of March. The washing in itself is another question I have to still answer. How will I wash them? Dr.Denim actually recommends washing your jeans in 30°. And we're talking about degrees Celsius in this instance, with no spin cycle, then just hanging them up to dry. Perhaps in the drying closet or our shower. There's going to be a lot of dyerunning out after the first wash and I don't want that all over the floor.

If this was your test, what would you do? How long would you still go and in the end, how would you wash them?

4 comments:

  1. I would go for a year. Perhaps not wearing it everyday though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to know what it feels like after the first wash. Will that fit be as good as you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You wore it everyday, which is the same as a year with occasional wearing. I think anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope it fits good after the first wash. It's suppose to shrink 1-5% or 2cm, so they say. So it should be a bit tighter around the top of my legs.

    ReplyDelete