Thursday, January 29, 2009

Day 149 | Raw denim

I think I've finally made up my mind, that I'm going to not wash these jeans after 6 months, but wait a full year, or 365 days. Most people I've spoken to, who seem to know a lot about denim, (Mark from Oneculture) advised me that a year would be much better. I just need to consider if I'll be wearing them every day or every other day, during the second 6 months.

Apparently I'll lose too much of the creases and such if I washed them after only 6 months. Here's some questions and answers I found in a Mens' Health magazine, on raw denim.

Raw denim: Dark, unprocessed monochromatic denim that looks like it just rolled off the loom.

Prow: According to Jeff Shafer, owner of Agave Denimsmith, Raw Denim is incredibly rugged. Meaning the denim is in it’s purest form

Cons: It has stiff fabric therefore you have to break it in by wearing it many time before you’d feel comfortable in them. Watch out for waistline fluctuation caused by it’s rigidity.

Care: Washing machine and dryer is not good for Raw Denim. These process will cause for the dye to bleed, hence the fading of the denim. Shafer highly suggests wearing ‘em until they stink and then dry-clean only.

Best for: Lean body type

Avoid if: Travelling or if you expect your jeans to be comfy right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment