Thursday, January 22, 2009

Day 142 | A new layout

Today I launched this new layout. It's amazing how tired you get from looking at the same thing every day, or so far for the past 142 days. Only 25% of my visitors are returning visitors, so a lot probably wouldn't even notice that it's a new layout, but then again I'm writing this blog mostly for myself, as a test of whether I can write about one subject every day.

It's been tough, I won't lie. Thinking of new stuff to write all the time, plus the subject matter is not the most interesting perhaps. It's a pair of jeans that's gradually getting older. I am having fun though, and I've learnt a hell of a lot in the last 20 weeks. Here's some of my stats.

40% of my visitors end up here because of searches they did via Google or another search engine. Here's the top 5 searches: dr denim jeans, dr denim blogspot, drdenimjeansmakers, dr denim and drdenimjeans. The rest is mostly trying to find out how to clean their denim jeans.

52% come from referring websites. Here's the top ones: google, blogger.com, stumbleupon.com, superfuture.com, mynudies.com and communityofsweden.com.

3 comments:

  1. I stumbled across your site through the 'next blog site' on blogger.

    I like your idea... it has legs. : )

    ACE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would stick it out for a year. Those jeans would be so trashed by then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps a wash now then only again in another 6 months to see how differently they behave with a wash.

    ReplyDelete