Thursday, January 8, 2009

Day 128 | All the snow is gone

We had a fantastic start to the day today. We woke up with about 5 inches of snow on the ground. Everything was white, and it was still snowing, when I was on my short walk to work. Absolutely fantastic. Or to me it is anyway, coming from South Africa, where I have never touched snow in 30 or so years.

The only sad thing was that by 5pm it was all gone,
because the temperature went to plus five today. It's been such a weird winter so far. Actually very warm, considering. No rain to speak of. No storms or howling winds. Just the odd day of snow and the odd day of sunshine. I've actually started thinking about summer already.

I'm putting these jeans on the kitchen table again tomorrow and running over it with a damp cloth, just to get the snow and mud splatters from today out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment