Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Day 119 | Swedish jeans brands

As I said yesterday, I was searching for some information on Swedish jeans brands. Apparently there were over 100 different brands in the 70s in Sweden alone, but they have all but disappeared. Today some of the bigger brands weren't even around way back then.

I found this article from 2006 on Sweden.se called "Denim Land Sweden", discussing Acne, Nudie and WESC. There was also this article on StockholmBusinessRegion.se called "Swedish Denim - A Success Story", about Acne, Nudie and Cheap Monday. The most interesting article of the lot was this article by Emma Lindblad on the London Global University website about "Consuming Ethical Denim in Sweden".

Tomorrow I'm going to get my jeans out on the kitchen table and really clean it with a damp sponge. I got to get the snow and mud off for real this time. Need to look my best for the new years party.

No comments:

Post a Comment