Saturday, April 9, 2011

Day 40 Hem creases


When the jeans are new, they fit well, or usually anyway. Once you start wearing them in, they stretch more and more, and this has problems all of its own. It usually means you have to get a belt on, but it also means that you have to fold the hems up a little bit more than usual. Because I'm still wearing some winter boots, they look sloppy if I don't fold them up enough. With my Dr.Martins I have to fold the hem over 4 times, but with my low All Stars it's only once. On average I'd say I'm folding them over twice, which you can see in the picture. It does damage the jeans, as the folds become permanent very quickly, which means at night it's always good to unfold them, but there's not a lot you can do to prevent the damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment