Thursday, May 12, 2011

Day 71 Inside out


Here's what I do when I've worn the jeans through a sweaty day. Fold them inside out and hang them up. It does dry faster and is ready to wear the next day.

I do however want to discuss a comment made by a reader. Dangwei Zhao said: Raw denim is not for people that wear the same pair of jeans everyday. Raw denim is not for people that shower once a week and If you are clean and wear different pants throughout the week, then washing your denim once every few months is not bad at all. If you disagree, then consider how often you wash your jackets? Get the point?

My answer is yes, Raw denim is not supposed to be worn every day, but as I answered in the comments, that I am trying to test these jeans by wearing them for as many days as possible in as short a time period as possible. In 6 months I will wear them about 180 times. If I want to achieve the same amount of wear by wearing them along with my other jeans, say once a week, then this test will take three and a half years.

I do appreciate the passion in protecting Raw denim from the uninitiated or uneducated, but I'm trying to show people why Raw denim is so special, because when I started two and a half years ago, I knew nothing. Now I love Raw denim.

No comments:

Post a Comment