Monday, April 20, 2009

Day 230 | Swedish jeans brands

I'm currently busy with a project for my Swedish class about Swedes and their love of denim. It's a love relationship that's been going strong since before the 70's and on to today, with a lot of brands garnering international aclaim. The history of denim is a very interesting one and I am learning a lot about just how many companies have their origins here in Sweden. With all of that, I decided to find some brands that are well know and not so well known today, but who still play a huge role in placing Sweden at the top along with Japan, as a country that knows a thing or two about denim.

The companies that are the best known for denim is surely Nudie and ACNE, followed by Cheap Monday, Denimbirds and Dr.Denim. The others then would be PACE, Denim Demon, GulBlÄ and Bay Icon. The rest, companies such as H&M, Tiger of Sweden, FilippaK and WESC are Swedish clothing companies that also do denim as part of their overall clothing ranges, but not a real focus on it as say Nudie or Dr.Denim would have.


























5 comments:

  1. Hey Darryl,

    Just want to say your blog is brilliant, the amount of detail you put into every post is just great!

    You've also inspired me to wear a pair of Dr.Denims for 6 months(or maybe longer?) to see how they turn out. I've just got a new pair of Raw Blue Terences and they fit like a glove, opening the delivery package was pretty much like christmas.

    Anyways, all the best and keep up the blog, will follow it keenly.

    Don

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post, glad you like the blog... Good luck with your jeans, send me picks and I'll post them... I'm glad Dr.Denim also brought out Terence in Raw... it's a good cut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there,
    Can you help me? I bought a pair of jeans in 2009 in Stockholm and the brand on the tag is called 'Fuzzy'. They are tight black jeans, 98% cotton, 2% spandex. I have looked on the internet for this brand and find no information for where I could buy a pair. If you know of a web page from where I could by some I would really appreciate it. If not no worries, thanks anyway. My email is ingo.winterstone@hotmail.com

    Thank you
    Ingo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. Been looking and searching and can't find what you're looking for. Can you perhaps send me a photo of the jeans?

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete